Check the weather forecast before setting off. If there is a likelihood of lightning storm, postpone the trip or set off at a later time.
For safety reasons, keep the group size between 3 to 5. The minimal group size is to have one more person to stay with the casualty while another seeks help.
- When crossing roads, always adhere to the traffic rules.
- Do not jaywalk even though there are no cars.
- Use pedestrian and zebra crossings.
- Always use the designated footpath. Do not use the cycling paths.
Packing for the trip
Use a suitable and comfortable backpack during trekking. It should be large enough to contain the items that you are bringing along.
Suggested items to include in the backpack
- Insect Repellent
- Water bottle
- First-aid items (plasters for blisters)
Maintain a safe distance away from wildlife.
The parks are shared spaces for all. There will be wildlife (monitor lizards, snakes, monkeys) in these areas. Do not disturb or provoke them.
Resist the temptation to follow or approach any wildlife and do not feed them.
Abide by the Dos and Don’ts regulated by NParks.
For more information, you can refer to the NParks website at https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/dos-and-donts.