Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
Education and Career Guidance (ECG) is about equipping students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values to make informed decisions at each key education stage for successful transition from school to further education or work, and hence to manage their career pathways and lifelong learning throughout their lives. Through ECG, social emotional competencies and qualities of proactivity, adaptability and resilience are developed to prepare students for the 21st Century.
Goals of Education and Career Guidance
ECG aims to:
- nurture student’s self-awareness, self-directedness and life skills for continuous learning and training; (Skills)
- enable students to explore viable education and career options through the provision of accurate and comprehensive information; (Knowledge)
- inculcate an appreciation for the value of all occupations and how they contribute to the well-functioning of society; (Mindsets) and
- equip students with skills and means to positively engage their parents and other career influencers (Engaging the community).
In Marsiling Secondary School, we believe in providing our students with meaningful learning opportunities to discover their interests and strengths, understand the various educational pathways and explore the World of Work to make informed decisions on their education and career choices.
Programmes in Marsiling Secondary School
- Self-Discovery Tools via MySkillsFuture Portal
- Advanced Elective Modules (AEMs) & Elective Modules (EMs)
- Subject Combination Briefing for Secondary 2
- Learning Journeys (Open House and Industry Organisations)
- Careers Day (Sharing of Career Experiences by School Alumni and Industry Partners)
- Work Experience Programmes(Exploration of the World of Work)
- Interest-based workshops at Polytechnics / ITEs (Exploration of Polytechnic and ITE courses)
- Education Fair (Awareness of the various courses offered by local Institutes of Higher Learning)
- EAE Preparation Workshops (Personal Essay Writing / Interview Skills)
Early Admission Exercise (EAE) Writing and Interview Skills Workshop
[4 Express/Five Normal (Academic)]
Early Admission Exercise (EAE) Talk / Course Counselling Session (Polytechnic)
Early Admission Exercise (EAE) Talk / Course Counselling Session (ITE)
4 Normal (Academic) and (Technical) Interview Skills Workshop
Education and Career Guidance Counselling Session
Students are given the opportunity to discuss their future education and career plans with our school ECG Counsellor on Wednesdays during School Term.
To make an appointment with our ECG Counsellor, please click here.
Resources for Parents & Students
- ECG Portal: MySkillsFuture
- Journeying With Our Children, Achieving Their Aspirations
- The Next Step Forward