Head of Department
Ms Nur’ain Bte Hamzah
Subject Head Physics
Ms Yap Ching Ying
Senior Teacher Biology
Mdm Diyana Rahayu Binte Suratnoh
Mdm Sharifah Afifah
Ms Teo Boon San
Mrs Tan Siew Fong
Mrs Tay-Pang Xiu Hui
Mr Wan Hamzah
Ms Glenice Au
Ms Elizabeth Lee
Mdm Kong Hui Ai (CAJT)
Mr Ahmad Bin Mohamed Moktar (AED)
Mr Ng Boon Kiat, Eric (TSO)
Ms Norhafi Mohd Nafi (TSO)
Learners with inquiry mind who care for self, society and the environment.
Provide quality science curriculum to enable our students to be scientifically literate, so that they can make informed decisions and take responsible actions in their daily lives.
The Science Department adopts the inquiry approach in the teaching and learning of Science. The is in line with the Science Curriculum Framework that develops domains that support inquiry, namely, scientific content, skills, attitudes and knowledge. Supported by our Applied Learning Programme we aim to provide strong science fundamentals for students to innovate and pursue STEM for future learning and work.
For Lower Secondary Science, we have adopted a thematic approach where the lessons are designed to spark and enflame the students’ interest in Science. Our customised thematic curriculum also ensures broad-based foundation to help students develop the domains that are integral to the conduct of Science Inquiry. Our Science department aims to progressively develop our students by engaging the students from their Lower Secondary years, enriching them with deeper learning as they advance, and culminate in enabling the students to apply content mastery and application of skills at Upper Secondary level.
The enrichment programmes of the department promote progressive Science experiential learning. Relevant learning experiences were integrated to incorporate Practices of Science meaningfully. The department also leverages on programmes and competitions organised by our various stakeholders to enrich our students with authentic Science.
Key Programmes & Highlights
- Integration of vertical farm in Science
- Visit to School’s Environment Education Hub
- Sec 1 Express/Normal (Academic) Squid Dissection on Biodiversity
- Sec 1 Express/Normal (Academic)Waste Management Project Work (Young Engineer Award Bronze)
- Sec 2 Normal (Academic) Energy Conservation Project Work (Young Engineer Award Silver)
- Sec 2 Express Interdisciplinary Project
- Sec 1 and 2 Normal (Technical) Environment Science Programmes
- Student Learning Space (SLS) Lesson Design
- Advanced Elective Modules (Healthcare in Action by NYP and Environment Technologies by Republic Polytechnic)
- Nanyang Polytechnic Science and Technology Challenge
- Shell STEM Challenge
- IgnITE for Sec 2/3 Normal (Technical)