I-Learn Discovery Challenge
Dear Parents / Guardians
The school is embarking on a new signature programme for our Outdoor Education, I-Learn Discovery Challenge. In this programme, the intention is to imbue attributes of healthy lifestyle during and beyond their schooling years with Marsiling Secondary.
The objectives of this programme involve the following:
- Nurture self-confidence, self-esteem and personal responsibility (embedded 21 CCs)
- Develop leadership qualities and problem-solving skills through self-directedness
- Enhance students’ resilience and social-emotional competencies through the outdoor skills set
- To appreciate the natural environment and understand importance of conservation and sustainable development
- Infuse school values and nurture students to serve the community
Students are encouraged to use the existing Park Connectors (PCN) to complete various challenges. These PCNs routes are all safe and students have been advised to adhere to the SMM Rules (Social Distancing and a group size of between 3 and 5 people) Parents/Guardians are also encouraged to join your child/ward on this programme.
This is a self-directed programme where students can choose to complete the various challenges at their own time and pace. A briefing has been conducted for students, covering programme objectives, requirements and safety aspects. This programme will commence at the start of the upcoming school holidays.
Should you have any concerns regarding this programme, please call Tel. 68941413 to speak to Mr Er Siong Chye or Mr Dhillon Singh.
You may download the briefing slides for students here.
Attached is the map: Navigator of the North