CCA Teachers in charge
Mdm Hu Xiaolei (OIC)
Mdm Yuan Xiaoyu
Training days and time
Tuesday 2.30pm to 5.00 pm
Friday 2.00pm to 4.00pm
ITR 1 and Amphitheatre
The Drama Society aims to
- provide an opportunity for creative expression;
- promote an appreciation and enjoyment of the art form
- give students the platform to explore and develop their skills and interest in drama
- build self-discipline and confidence while fostering team building
- provide opportunities for students to progressively develop CCA-specific knowledge, skills, values and attitudes through sustained participation; and
- provide platform for students to learn core values, social and emotional competencies and the emerging 21st Century Competencies
Programmes and Activities
Weekly practices focus on:
- Presenting: students will gain the opportunities to put to practice and showcase their skills in the art form.
- Responding: students will learn to think critically and show confidence in their ability to make judgement of art works using vocabulary that is appropriate and representative of the art form.
- Appreciating: students are involved in discussing and relating to the value of the respective art form and how this art form applies in their lives and societies across cultures.
- Creating: students participate in activities to apply the art-form skills, techniques and processes.
- Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (Drama)
- Chinese New Year school concert
- Ad hoc competitions, e.g. Human Values Drama Festival, National News Production Competition
- CCA Openhouse performance
- Learning Journeys
Achievement over the past 3 years
2019 Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation
(English Drama): Certificate of Accomplishment
2018 Human Values Drama Festival: Semi-finals
2017 Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (Chinese Drama): Certificate of Accomplishment
2017 Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (English Drama): Certificate of Distinction