Uniform and Grooming
- The prescribed uniform consists of the following:
- Old uniform
- Light yellow shirt or blouse and yellow PE tee shirt
- Dark blue long pants or skirt
- New Uniform (Compulsory for Secondary 1 to 3 students, but optional for Secondary 4 and 5 students)
- White shirt and white PE tee shirt
- Dark blue shorts (lower secondary) / long pants (upper secondary) or tartan skirt
- Black canvas/sports shoes with plain black shoe laces/velcro strap are acceptable. Boots,leather shoes, slippers and sandals are not permitted. The base/sole of shoes should be black/dark-coloured. Shoes must be plain in design. Where there is a dispute, the decision of the school’s Discipline Committee is final.
- Plain white socks, which should be covering the ankles.
- Old uniform
- Students are to wear the prescribed uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- The school uniform must be respectfully wor Shirt needs to be tucked in. Girls need to ensure that their skirts are at least at knee-length (touching the knee cap).
- Students are to wear the school uniform when coming to school or going home from school. Students must be in full school uniform, half uniform or PE attire when they are in school at all times, including the school holidays.
- Class tee shirts are allowed only on Fridays and special days where permission is granted. CCA tee shirts are only allowed during CCA activities.
Please refer to the last page of the student handbook for illustrations of the prescribed school uniform. Attire that does not follow the design of the school uniform is not acceptable.
- General Grooming
- Finger nails need to be kept short. Painting of finger nails is not permitted.
- Shaving of eyebrows is not permitted.
- Use of cosmetics of any kind is not permitted.
- Tinted contact lenses are not permitted.
- Male students are to be clean-shaven. Wearing of beard or moustache is not allowed.
- Tinted or coloured hair is not permitted.
- Fanciful hairstyles are not permitted. Fanciful hairstyles include layered cuts, asymmetrical cuts, long spiky or “punk” styles, “skinhead”, V-shaped hairstyle, etc. Students need to maintain appropriate hairstyles and the school reserves the right to decide whether a hairstyle is acceptable or not.
- Expected to keep short and neat hairstyles.
- Fringe should not extend over the eyebrow.
- Sides and back should be above the ears and collar.
- Thick and messy hair need to be trimmed for neatness.
- Sport hair bands are not allowed.
- Use of hair gel is permitted.
- Expected to tie long hair up neatly.
- Long fringe need to be pinned to the sides.
- Hair bands and pins need to be dark blue or black in colour.
- Only girls are allowed to wear a pair of simple studs at the ear lobes. Only one stud at each ear lobe is allowed.
- Ear rings are not allowed.
- Boys are not allowed to wear any form of ear accessories including ear sticks.
- Students are not allowed to wear friendship bands, rings, chains, jewellery or other fashion accessory items.
- Religious objects should be kept out of sight at all times.
- Body Piercing and Tattoos
- Body piercing and their associated accessories (e.g. studs, rings or small plastic sticks) are not allowed.
- Students are not allowed to sport tattoos on their bodies, whether visible or not.
- The use of henna for “body art” is not allowed.