Edusave & Financial Assistance Schemes
Singaporean students will automatically be given an Edusave account and receive a yearly contribution of $240 from the Government’s Edusave Pupils Fund. Students can pay for school enrichment programmes and the 2nd Tier Miscellaneous Fees through their Edusave Account. However, if there are insufficient funds in the Edusave Account, student will have to top up the balance using cash.
Students can check the balance amount in their Edusave Account by calling the Edusave Hotline: 62600777.
Financial Assistance Schemes
The following schemes are available to students who require financial help in their schooling:
|Type of Assistance||For Whom||Benefits|
|MOE Financial Assistance Scheme||– Singapore Citizen
– Gross Household Income (GHI) not exceeding S$2,750.00 or Per Capita Income (PCI) not exceeding S$625.00
|– Waiver of School Fees
– Waiver of standard Miscellaneous Fees
– Textbook grant: textbooks and writing materials in the approved book list
– School Attire grant: 2 sets of uniforms and PE attire, 2 pairs of socks and 1 pair of shoes
– Transport subsidy: $150 per annum for students taking public transport.
|School Advisory Committee (SAC) Financial Assistance Scheme||Parents can contact the General Office for more information||– Daily Meal Allowance
– Monthly Transport Allowance for students taking public transport
Application forms are obtainable from the General Office.
Application can be made at any time of the school year but is renewable on a yearly basis at the end of the school year.
The NEU PC Plus Programme offers students and persons with disabilities from low income households the opportunity to own a brand new computer at an affordable price.